COVID-19: Preparing for your trip on Gauntlet
Preparing for Diving on the Gauntlet
Welcome aboard! This guideline will help you prepare for your trip aboard Gauntlet under the COVID-19 Safety Management Plan (SMP).
Version date: 29 July 2021
In addition to standard requirements for confirming appropriate certification, experience and providing payment information, there are COVID-19 specific criteria that must be met in order to join a trip. When looking to book a trip, you will receive the Gauntlet waiver and COVID-19 release. The waiver will have a valid period of 8-months (which covers 2021 diving). We are evaluating our passenger capacity limits on an ongoing basis. We are currently running at full capacity.
As part of booking, you are attesting that you meet the requirements for booking.
The 2021 Gauntlet SMP requires that:
- You comply with MA COVID-19 Guidance based on re-opening phase and any travel advisories.
- You have not tested positive with an active COVID-19 infection within 14 days prior to the trip.
- If you’ve previously been diagnosed with COVID-19, you have documented medical clearance to dive.
- You wear a facial covering when required. If you are not vaccinated you are required to wear a facial covering when inside the cabin, and when on the back deck when in close contact with others.
Before the Trip:
- If you test positive, have a reasonable suspicion you are infected or have been exposed, do not come diving. Contact us ASAP to discuss the situation.
- Pack all equipment in a way that minimizes excess and others needing to handle your personal belongings or equipment.
- Bring a facial covering.
During the Trip:
- Facial coverings are not required outside, on the back deck or in the cabin. In the cooler fall months, we may recommend facial coverings while inside the cabin.
- Please help keep the boat clean by utilizing cleaning supplies in the head and taking advantage of hand-washing.
After the Trip:
- If you become aware that you have been exposed or potentially exposed (ie, someone you were in contact with tests positive) to COVID-19 after the trip, or test positive yourself within 14 days of the trip, we ask that you let us know so we can inform others who were on the trip.