COVID-19: Preparing for your trip on Gauntlet
Preparing for Diving on the Gauntlet
Welcome aboard! This guideline will help you prepare for your trip aboard Gauntlet under the COVID-19 Safety Management Plan (SMP).
Version date: 24 May 2021
In addition to standard requirements for confirming appropriate certification, experience and providing payment information, there are COVID-19 specific criteria that must be met in order to join a trip. When looking to book a trip, you will receive the Gauntlet waiver and COVID-19 release. The waiver will have a valid period of 8-months (which covers 2021 diving). We are evaluating our passenger capacity limits on an ongoing basis. We are currently running at full capacity.
As part of booking, you are attesting that you meet the requirements for booking.
The 2021 Gauntlet SMP requires that:
- You comply with MA COVID-19 Guidance based on re-opening phase and any travel advisories.
- You have not tested positive with an active COVID-19 infection within 14 days prior to the trip.
- If you’ve previously been diagnosed with COVID-19, you have documented medical clearance to dive.
- You wear a facial covering when required.
- You maintain awareness, a safe attitude and respect for others who may not have been vaccinated.
Before the Trip:
- If you test positive, have a reasonable suspicion you are infected or have been exposed, do not come diving. Contact us ASAP to discuss the situation.
- Pack all equipment in a way that minimizes excess and others needing to handle your personal belongings or equipment.
- Bring a facial covering.
During the Trip:
- Facial coverings are not required outside and on the back deck.
- While in the cabin, facial coverings are optional but recommended when: 1) seated in cabin while transiting to and from the dive site; 2) when in the forward section of the boat with others; 3) in poor weather conditions when air flow in the cabin is reduced due to closed windows/door; 4) a passenger requests it.
- There is plenty of fresh water for hand-washing, please feel free to wash your hands as much as you’d like. We also ask that everyone on board helps with tidying up the head after use. There are cleaning supplies in the head and we ask that we do our best to keep things clean.
- We may offer food on special trips later this year based on the current state of COVID-19 and any available guidance.
After the Trip:
- If you become aware that you have been exposed or potentially exposed (ie, someone you were in contact with tests positive) to COVID-19 after the trip, or test positive yourself within 14 days of the trip, we ask that you let us know so we can inform others who were on the trip.